30 Million Reasons– Weekly Blog №11
Sep 24, 2021
We finally wrapped up the Callinova SHOP sale, and we thought it went very well. The auction site we built from scratch was smooth, and the staggered auction approach created an interesting game theory. Since the auction, we have been speaking to several buyers who are slowly revealing themselves and their plans for the RFOX VALT and how they want to tackle their piece of the digital future.
So far, we have identified 3 blockchain platforms that will be represented in the RFOX VALT, 3 blockchain projects that will be represented and 2 companies that have had no affiliation to blockchain previously but bring exciting concepts to the space, including one who wants to take the RFOX VALT to a country we haven’t focused on to date.
This is in addition to the Chasing Space project, the other marquee client that hasn’t been announced yet and VOID Cyber, who will be bringing in multiple premium brands.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank those who participated in the auction, both the winners and those who missed out, and to those who have so far come forward to share their vision and plans.
We will now move fast to appoint the quartermasters who can help lay the foundations for the onboarding process and ensure that we have a successful launch of our MVP.
We had 30 million reasons to be optimistic with the SHOP sale after reaching a total of just under 30 million RFOX and aim to raise the bar for all future quarter sales and to drive value for those who bought in the first quarter. There will never be another first quarter.
If you missed last week’s blog, never fear; you can read it here. Here’s the summary of what you missed:
- The first SHOP auction
- Official RFOX VALT rules
- An updated roadmap
This week, we completed the RFOX VALT SHOP Auction!
As earlier discussed, we have recently concluded the RFOX VALT metaverse to the first batch of people who will own SHOPs at the Callinova quarter. As of 4 PM on September 18 (Vietnam time), we have officially closed the auction on SHOPs 1 through 25 and collected about 30 million RFOX as a result.
Specifically, we have earned a total of 29,503,803 RFOX from the winning bids. Out of these earnings, 4,425,570.45 RFOX are allocated for rewards to VFOX holders, while 2,950,380.30 RFOX will be burned, respectively improving incentivization and token economics for RFOX.
We thank all the participants in this auction, from the bidders to the VFOX holders, and everyone in the teams who are working on building the platform. Here are the winning bids for each SHOP:
- SHOP 1: 2,000,009 RFOX ($88,212.50)
- SHOP 2: 1,515,001 RFOX ($66,820.71)
- SHOP 3: 600,010 RFOX ($26,464.07)
- SHOP 4: 851,000 RFOX ($37,534.25)
- SHOP 5: 1,250,000 RFOX ($55,132.56)
- SHOP 6: 1,200,000 RFOX ($52,927.26)
- SHOP 7: 1,250,000 RFOX ($55,132.56)
- SHOP 8: 1,360,909 RFOX ($60,024.32)
- SHOP 9: 1,023,888 RFOX ($45,159.66)
- SHOP 10: 892,000 RFOX ($39,342.60)
- SHOP 11: 1,250,006 RFOX ($55,132.83)
- SHOP 12: 1,233,339 RFOX ($54,397.71)
- SHOP 13: 903,010 RFOX ($39,828.20)
- SHOP 14: 1,500,000 RFOX ($66,159.08)
- SHOP 15: 1,033,095 RFOX ($45,565.74)
- SHOP 16: 1,100,000 RFOX ($48,516.66)
- SHOP 17: 1,200,000 RFOX ($52,927.26)
- SHOP 18: 1,200,000 RFOX ($52,927.26)
- SHOP 19: 978,501 RFOX ($43,157.81)
- SHOP 20: 955,000 RFOX ($42,121.28)
- SHOP 21: 1,250,000 RFOX ($55,132.56)
- SHOP 22: 1,200,011 RFOX ($52,927.75)
- SHOP 23: 1,123,023 RFOX ($49,532.11)
- SHOP 24: 1,236,001 RFOX ($54,515.12)
- SHOP 25: 1,399,000 RFOX ($61,704.36)
- TOTAL: 29,503,803 RFOX ($1,301,296.22)
Coming soon to RFOX VALT
After the conclusion of the SHOP auction at the Callinova arts-themed quarter, we have more in store in the process of building the RFOX VALT virtual marketplace. We have more developments in store for you, including the followi
- VFOX Farming will be finished
- We’ll also announce the initial details of the first VFOX payments
- The next SHOP auction, which will be held on RFOX VALT’s Gaming Quarter (yet to be named).
- In addition, we’re launching the closed beta release for the RFOX VALT on PC and VR
- In this closed beta, we allow VIPs to visit Callinova V1 in multiplayer mode
- We’re debuting the launcher and updater features
- We’re also letting you choose an avatar for your virtual character on the RFOX VALT from readyplayer.me
- In addition, we’re launching voice and text chat systems
- Updates on the SHOPs and Exhibitions are coming
- The Music Quarter is next in line for SHOP auction
- We’re launching the closed beta release (PC/VR/Mobile), allowing early adopters to visit Callinova V2 (final).
- By this month, all systems should be in place for SHOP owners to modify their SHOPs as needed and either HODL and use or trade or sell.
- By this month as well, the multiplayer system should be robust enough to cater to any number of visitors.
Update on Upcoming Avatars
During last week’s update, we shared that we are in the process of creating avatars on the RFOX VALT metaverse very soon, through ReadyPlayer.Me, an online service that lets you have one avatar for many parts of the metaverse that you want to explore.
Services like ReadyPlayer.Me fulfil one important part of metaverse-building, which is the creation of your virtual avatar that will interact with other people within the metaverse. ReadyPlayer.Me, is already working with some of the important names in the metaverse space right now, including DUNE, VR CHAT, vSpatial, Sidequest, and more. We do want to make this right the first time around, so we needed to move this a bit, but we’re pretty excited for you to see what it will look like.
Soon, you’ll see me in avatar form, guiding you through RFOX VALT and even accepting questions from the community. I’m pretty excited about that, and he’s much better looking than me too.
We have started the screening process for our future Quartermasters!
Now that all the SHOPs are sold in the Callinova quarter of RFOX VALT, we have started to work through the process of selecting candidates for the task of being a Quartermaster. We will likely close the application process soon, so if you still haven’t thrown your hat in the ring for the role of Quartermaster in the exciting virtual marketplace we’re building, you better finish your applications soon.
What do you get from being a Quartermaster? Aside from playing a huge role in building the future of the metaverse, you also gain benefits from the SHOPs you help maintain and manage. More details about the duties of a Quartermaster below:
Who Are You?
- As a quartermaster, you are not only a manager, but you are a master in customer service, operations, marketing, and sales. You are savvy and adept at interacting with clients. Your main goal is to make your clients happy. If they are happy, their customers are happy. You are responsible for everything that goes on in your quarter, including making sure that all the shops are running smoothly. If something is broken, you will have to find a way to fix it.
- You are unique and one of a kind, so too is your role. You are entering a new realm where few before have travelled. You are ready to take the challenge and be a pioneer and part of history as we reshape e-commerce, media and gaming as we know it by being a catalyst in making our fully interoperable ecosystem a success.
- Focusing on client retention is one thing, but you are also top-notch in acquiring and attracting brands to your quarter. You are successful when your clients are happy, their customers are happy and that your quarter is buzzing with traffic and sales.
- Manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, rent control and improvement of the shops
- Address client complaints and resolve problems
- Enforce governance, rules, and regulations
- Prepare detailed budgets, financial reports and KPIs
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate events, advertising, promotional and marketing strategies
- Deal, negotiate and facilitate contracts
- Review rents to ensure that they are in line with the market
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events aligned with the quarter’s theme
- Discover and explore business opportunities by attracting clients and brands
- Must have experience managing multiple clients
- Preferably someone who has experience in the retail/e-commerce sector
- Commercial acumen, understanding and management of revenue-based targets, budgets, and drivers
- Strong exposure to multiple global brands
- Experience in marketing and advertising is an advantage
- Motivation for sales
- Prospecting skills
- Sales planning
- Meeting sales goals
- Strong customer service and client management skills
Enough already, how do I apply?
Although we expect the process to take a while, as finding the right people will not be easy, we do want to start the process. So, if you think this role sounds like you, OR you know someone who might be interested, you can go to this link.
If you are new to the RedFOX Labs ecosystem or this is your first time hearing about RFOX VALT, here are some must-read articles to bring you up to speed:
- Introducing RFOX VALT
- The VALT Landing Page
- The RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №1
- The RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №2
- The RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №3
- THE RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №4
- THE RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №5
- THE RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №6
- THE RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №7
- THE RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №8
- THE RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №9
- THE RFOX VALT — Weekly Blog №10
Want to win an early access pass for The VALT and be one of the first people to ever see it?
Join our newsletter here and be the first to find out how to enter.
- RFOX VALT SHOP auction a success
- Quartermaster search nears end
- Upcoming avatars
Coming up in RFOX VALT
Avatars, client reveals, partnerships and updates on where the RFOX VALT is going to break new ground.